Saturday, September 29, 2007

we did it


not only am I of course thrilled that we made twleve hundred dollars for SOS, but I am so relieved for Jesse that it actually happened and worked. (Not to mention being glad to have not burned or otherwise wrecked all that donated food!) Everyone who played wants to do it again next year, the food was great, the beer was great, and everyone had a great time.
I have to admit that it freaked me out a litte to be down in Depot town with the streets closed down and the crazy ypsi crowd wandering around, and to hear these musicians whom I love, telling everyone how great this thing is that Jesse and Amy Morgan are doing and to hear Ypsi - tiki bar, restaraunt patios and loveable-freak-filled-street - roar back. It felt like dream. a good one.

4 comments:

Mid-life Midwife said...

congratulations! I saw some pics at Ypsi Dixit's blog. I'm sorry we didn't come by. Greg ended up being called into work, I stayed at my sister's longer than I expected, and then I at the last minute decided to see the Business of Being Born screening.
I hope you all took pics of the day.
And hope you're having a long sleep in this morning.

Tom Cook said...

It went great! The food was good too.

Kate said...

We went down and the candy land was awesome. Great job. So freaking cool!

Kate said...

shit it was shoots and ladders. i didnt play because the of the two kiddos and one adult. but it was neat.