Tuesday, June 10, 2008

sprinkle


so the soiree on sunday was a success - getting the girls together first proved a stroke of genius. our boys showed up with food and beer at just the right moment, and it had all the best elements of crazy community co-op functions without the culty undertones. I was so happy to be able to take a minute to celebrate B. I see her as being so brave... not just in this situation, but in general. She really doesn't hesitate for a moment to do whatever she sees as right. Listening to the girls, I'd say I'm not the only one who thinks so.


I'm more glad than ever, these days, that we decided to stay here in dear old Ypsi. And to think! in a few more days I'll actually BE in Ypsi. All day! I feel like the school year is whirling to a close, and after all of my yearning for it to be done, I'm overwhelmed with how fast the last week is rushing by. I never saw myself finishing five years in the classroom, but I can say that I feel pretty damn good about making it, intact, to this point without getting divorced, committed, or duct taping anyone to their chair!

1 comment:

Betsy said...

congrats on FIVE years teaching, Ame! You've been a great presence in so many students' lives!
Now, enjoy the summer with your boys :-)